Welcome to the world of World of Warcraft Dragonflight, where the quest for the best DPS classes never ends. In this dynamic realm, PvE strategies are in a perpetual dance, adapting to frequent hotfixes and massive patches that redefine the landscape. Get ready for a rollercoaster of class performance, as the game’s extensive array of DPS specializations presents an ever-evolving balancing act.
As we delve into the era of Patch 10.1.7, the metagame takes a dramatic turn, driven by a flurry of buffs and nerfs that touch every class. However, the true game-changer in this patch is the introduction of the Augmentation Evoker—a unique specialization dedicated to empowering allies. This addition sends ripples through the rankings, reshaping the hierarchy of DPS specializations.
It’s crucial to note that the metagame is a dynamic beast, and it’s set to transform once again during the second season of Dragonflight. Let’s explore the new landscape and examine the performance of each DPS specialization in Dragonflight following the launch of Patch 10.1.7.
The Top Three DPS in WoW Dragonflight: Patch 10.1.7 S Tier
In this section, discover the top-performing S-tier WoW Dragonflight DPS classes that excel in both raids and Mythic+ dungeons:
- Augmentation Evoker
- Shadow Priest
- Fire Mage
Patch 10.1.7 ushers in a seismic shift, propelling Augmentation Evoker, Shadow Priest, and Fire Mage into the coveted S-tier. Augmentation Evoker takes the lead, becoming a staple for all your adventures. This specialization offers not only formidable DPS capabilities but also off-healing prowess, the coveted Bloodlust effect, and valuable mobility advantages.
Shadow Priests maintain their enduring strength, known for their exceptional utility through abilities like Mass Dispel, Power Infusion, and a versatile array of crowd control. Fire Mages, often celebrated in professional gaming circles, receive adjustments that make them more accessible to the average player, solidifying their position as the premier Mage specialization this season.
Dragonflight DPS A Tier Classes and Specializations in Patch 10.1.7
Looking for reliable DPS classes in WoW Dragonflight? These A-tier specializations offer consistently high DPS and are excellent choices for various PvE settings:
- Demonology Warlock
- Destruction Warlock
- Devastation Evoker
- Enhancement Shaman
- Fury Warrior
- Balance Druid
- Subtlety Rogue
- Havoc Demon Hunter
- Unholy Death Knight
These A-tier specializations shine as beacons of excellence within their respective classes. Choosing any of these ensures consistent high DPS output, provided you stay ahead in terms of gear progression.
Warlocks continue to excel, particularly in raiding scenarios, while Balance Druids and Enhancement Shamans dominate Mythic+ dungeons with their formidable AoE damage capabilities. Fury Warriors, versatile in both Mythic+ and Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible, unleash remarkable damage while maintaining robust defensive capabilities.
Dragonflight DPS B Tier Classes and Specializations in Patch 10.1.7
In this segment, explore B-tier WoW Dragonflight DPS classes that, although strong, may require specific gear or expertise to reach their full potential:
- Retribution Paladin
- Elemental Shaman
- Frost Mage
- Outlaw Rogue
- Arms Warrior
- Windwalker Monk
- Marksmanship Hunter
- Feral Druid
In this tier, classes vie for supremacy with the game’s most potent DPS options. However, they may require well-geared or highly skilled players to surpass S-tier or A-tier counterparts. Retribution Paladins, previously in the spotlight, are expected to find a balanced footing in Patch 10.1.7. Windwalker and Outlaw specializations remain viable choices in the hands of proficient, well-equipped players.
Dragonflight DPS C Tier Classes and Specializations in Patch 10.1.7
Curious about lesser-used DPS classes in WoW Dragonflight? This section covers C-tier specializations that offer unique gameplay but may not be the most efficient choices:
- Beast Mastery Hunter
- Frost Death Knight
- Arcane Mage
Patch 10.1.7 casts a shadow over these three specializations, rendering them less favorable as DPS choices. Fortunately, these classes offer stronger DPS alternatives within their arsenal. Skilled and well-geared players, however, can still unleash respectable damage once they catch up with the gearing curve.
As always, mastery of your chosen specialization’s rotation remains paramount, holding more value than simply opting for an S-tier class and fumbling with keybindings.
Dragonflight DPS D Tier Classes and Specializations in Patch 10.1.7
Find out about the underdog DPS classes that only shine in the hands of expert players. Learn how to make the most of these D-tier WoW Dragonflight DPS classes:
- Affliction Warlock
- Assassination Rogue
- Survival Hunter
Hunters, Rogues, and Affliction Warlocks stand out as classes with exclusively DPS specializations. If you choose Survival or Assassination this season, you’re either embracing a non-meta approach or sticking to a familiar and comfortable specialization. Brace yourself for a demanding journey to prove your worth in both raids and Mythic+ dungeons.
WoW Dragonflight 10.1.7 Best Tank Classes
Switching the focus, learn about the best WoW Dragonflight tank classes for Season 2. This comprehensive guide reveals the top tanks for Mythic+ dungeons and raids.
Are you ready to conquer the challenges of Dragonflight Season 2 Mythic+ Dungeons in the world of World of Warcraft? You’re in the right place! In this comprehensive guide, we will delve deep into the rankings of the best tank classes to give you an edge in Patch 10.1.7. So, let’s not waste any more time and dive straight into the rankings to discover which tank classes are shining brightly in Dragonflight Season 2.
Tier List Overview
Before we dissect the rankings, it’s essential to understand the criteria we’ve used to evaluate the tanks in this Tier List. We’ve meticulously assessed them based on three critical factors: survivability, damage output, and utility in Mythic+ dungeons. However, it’s crucial to keep in mind that while some tanks may reign supreme in our rankings, it’s equally important to choose a class that resonates with your playstyle and comfort level.
Now, let’s delve into the rankings and see how the tanks stack up in the Dragonflight Tank Tier List for Mythic+ Season 2.
S Tier – Exceptional Choices
The tanks in the S Tier represent the pinnacle of performance in Mythic+ dungeons. These are exceptional choices that excel in multiple areas such as survivability, damage, and utility, offering advantages that can significantly ease your dungeon-running experience.
- Guardian Druids have undergone significant improvements thanks to their new talent tree.
- They shine in both survivability and damage output.
- Key abilities like Ursoc’s Fury and Raze make them exceptionally robust and damaging.
- Guardian Druids are particularly accessible, making them a fantastic choice for players of all skill levels.
A Tier – Very Good Choices
Tanks in the A Tier are very strong options that offer high performance in various aspects of tanking. While they may have a slight edge over the tanks in lower tiers, mastering them can sometimes be challenging. Yet, the reward for mastering these tanks is well worth the effort.
Vengeance Demon Hunter
- Vengeance Demon Hunters have witnessed substantial enhancements with their new tier set and the intriguing Fiery Brand interaction.
- They excel in terms of tankiness, damage potential, and offer invaluable utility.
- Demon Hunters truly shine in caster-heavy encounters, where their unique strengths come to the forefront.
- However, it’s worth noting that mastering Demon Hunters can be challenging, but the rewards are substantial.
B Tier – Solid Choices
The B Tier tanks are solid, reliable choices that can perform admirably in most Mythic+ scenarios. While they might not be the top picks for pushing the highest keys, they have distinct strengths that make them particularly effective in specific encounters or group compositions.
- Despite recent adjustments, Protection Paladins maintain their dominance.
- They stand out with their impressive utility, with Avenger’s Shield being a pivotal tool for immobilizing caster mobs.
- Paladins bring versatility to the table and are well-equipped to support their group.
- In addition, their impressive toolkit includes Eye of Tyr, Sentinel, Ardent Defender, Guardian of Ancient Kings, and Divine Shield, making them formidable allies in high-stakes boss fights.
- They also possess significant off-healing capabilities, and some groups have even successfully completed dungeons at high levels without a dedicated healer.
- While Protection Paladins may face challenges in the highest-level content due to their susceptibility to high damage, they remain superb choices for most players, especially in pickup groups (pugs).
Blood Death Knight
- Blood Death Knights are renowned for their unrivaled survivability when played skillfully.
- Their biggest strength lies in their ability to endure almost any conceivable scenario, requiring minimal healing attention.
- This makes them an excellent choice for players who prefer self-sufficiency and don’t want to rely heavily on group support.
- However, Death Knights struggled with high key scaling in Season 1, particularly in the face of punishing trash mob damage.
- They also tend to lag behind in single-target damage output compared to other tank classes.
Nevertheless, for most key levels, Blood Death Knights excel, especially in pickup group scenarios where their exceptional control abilities shine.
- Protection Warriors are deceptively strong, boasting a blend of solid damage output and survivability.
- They specialize in handling physical damage threats and excel when paired with physical damage-heavy compositions.
- In Season 2, the landscape of threats has evolved, with fewer lethal bleeds and magic damage sources.
- Furthermore, Protection Warriors can capitalize on potent spell reflection abilities, particularly in dungeons like Neltharion’s Lair.
- However, they face diminished demand in caster-heavy metagames, where their unique strengths are less pronounced.
- Brewmaster Monks are poised to make an impact with their formidable damage potential.
- They remain relatively consistent in power and playstyle compared to Season 1.
- The reworked talent tree and buffs have elevated Monks to the forefront in terms of damage output, with abilities like Resonant Fists, Charred Passions, Exploding Keg, Bonedust Brew, and Weapons of Order taking center stage.
- While Monks offer solid utility, it can sometimes be overshadowed by the exceptional utility provided by other tank classes.
- It’s worth noting that Brewmaster Monks are perceived as more challenging to play and may require additional healing and attention to stay alive.
- However, in the hands of a skilled player, they can perform admirably and contribute significantly to the group’s damage output.
- Their Mystic Touch ability can also be a substantial asset when party compositions lack a Windwalker Monk or other high physical damage classes.
As you embark on your adventures in Dragonflight Season 2 Mythic+ Dungeons, selecting the right tank class is pivotal. Remember, while some tanks might be placed at the top of the rankings, your enjoyment and comfort with the class should not be overlooked. Your journey awaits, and with the knowledge gained from this guide, you’ll be well-equipped to lead your group to victory. Best of luck, and may your tanking prowess shine brightly in Dragonflight Season 2!